Mista corta with Borlotti beans "Pasta e fagioli"
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 500 grams of mista corta
- 350 grams of dry borlotti beans
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 2-3 sun-dried tomatoes
- Soak the beans in a container with cold water for 24 hours. Change the water two or three times.
- Cook the beans in water in a pressure cooker for 60 minutes.
- Or cook the beans in a saucepan filled with water for at least 120 minutes.
- While the beans are cooking, sauté in a large saucepan with a drizzle of olive oil, the red onion, the dried tomatoes cut into small pieces, the sage and rosemary, salt, pepper and turmeric for 5 minutes .
- After the beans have been cooked for the first time in the pressure cooker or in the pan, pour the beans into the large saucepan that contains the red onion, sundried tomatoes and spices.
- Fill the pot with water up to 1/4 over the beans and simmer them for 60 minutes or more until they become tender (the borlotti always stay a bit crunchy).
- Then add the pasta to the same pot as it should cook with the beans. Add more salt and a little pepper.
- Cook the pasta for 10 minutes.
- As the pasta will absorb the cooking water, if necessary add HOT water because the preparation must remain a little liquid (see photo).
- As soon as the pasta is cooked add a drizzle of raw extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve and enjoy.
It is a very easy recipe but it takes time because the pulses are tough to cook but the patience is worth it because the taste result is exceptional.